Call: 0800 083 6879   Existing Member? Sign In | New Member? Register Here

Know Before You Go


Travel and health advice
For up to date health and travel information relating to individual countries is available from the Foreign Office website or

ABTA, with support from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Ski Club of Great Britain, is launching its ski safe campaign to make sure people have the right insurance and are safe on the slopes. Full details can be found at


Passport requirements
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons named on your booking qualify to travel on the holiday and to the destination booked and you have/will have valid documents and insurance, including a relevant visa for the entire duration.  If you or your party cannot travel because of this, you understand it will amount to a cancellation on your part and the relevant terms and conditions will apply.


Where can I find passport information?
Visit the government website for detailed, up-to-date information on passport validity, renewing and applying for passports. If you’re a British citizen, you need a full, 10-year British passport for all holidays featured. Ordinarily holiday companies and the UK Passport Office suggest that passports should be valid for at least 6 months after you return. Each country, however, sets its own rules covering this. More information can be found from the embassy or consulate of the country you plan to visit.


Visa requirements – Geneva Airport
Non-EU and EEA passport holders should note that transfers for flights arriving into Geneva leave from the Swiss side of the airport and it will be necessary, therefore, for you to obtain the relevant visas. Failure to do so will necessitate having to pay for your own transfer.


How do I find out about visas?
For full details of any travel restrictions, entry and stay requirements, visa and travel advice to your destination, visit the Foreign Office website at Visas may be required for entry into non-EU countries. Information about visa requirements may be found by accessing individual country pages on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website. Non-British citizens including other EU nationals should contact the embassy, high commission or consulate of the destination for up to date advice on immigration, visa and entry requirements.



Where this site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.  We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.